Charlottesville, VA, 22902
Joined on June, 2012
Any day at any time
Up to 5 minutes away for no additional charge
Education1. B.A. French Major. Honors/Commonwealth Scholar. UMASS-Amherst. USA.
2. M.A. French. GPA 3.78. UMASS-Amherst. USA.
3. Translation/Interpretation Certificate. UMASS-Amherst. USA.
4. Diplome d'Etudes Approfondies en Anglais de Specialite'. (French Pre-Doctoral degree in TESOL/English for Academic Purposes). Bordeaux II. Bordeaux, France.
5. Diploma in Hispanic Language+Cultures. 2 Language Certificates. Granada University. Spain.
6. Certified to teach online courses through Piedemont Virginia Community College. Charlottesville, VA.
ExperienceHIGHLY EXPERIENCED AND SUCCESSFUL RESULTS.
I have successfully taught and tutored students of all ages/levels for the past 20 years in both public and private schools in the USA, France, Spain, and Kenya. I run my own business: TALK of the TOWN Language Training, Translations, and Cultural Services and teach locally at PVCC, UVA, and Speak Language Center.
For busy students, we can meet online through SKYPE for online work.
Passionate about teaching and sharing my language expertise and experiences of other cultures, I have the ability to reach learner's at their level and to use out-of-the-box methods in presenting concepts. I craft custom educational materials to fit student needs.
My experiences living and traveling in the USA, Europe, Mexico and Central America give me a unique perspective on the world which I bring to my teaching.
You can read various student recommendations about my teaching by scrolling down the page at:
HobbiesI am active in social justice and animal rights issues. I am also an avid gardener who enjoys the outdoors. Besides outdoor activities, I enjoy reading, movies, music, cooking and crafts.
Inquire about this tutor
The tutor will respond if they are available/interested.