EducationM.D. Candidate, University of Virginia School of Medicine. Expected graduation May 2014. Alpha Omega Alpha Honors Society.
BS in Biology at Lafayette College. Graduated Summa Cum Laude, May 2010.
ExperienceExtensive tutoring experience throughout high school and college.
I was a student Instructor for a General Biology course at Lafayette. In this role, I put together weekly review sessions, held office hours and met with students on an individual basis to effectively boost test scores and knowledge acquisition. I was also a peer mentor, where I would meet weekly with multiple student-athletes to provide mentorship, advice, and friendship for how to excel on and off the field as a Division I athlete. I have experience in all areas of biology from Cell bio and biochemistry to ecology, anatomy, physiology and many others.
- Willis Roberts Hunt Biology Prize Winner (2010): Awarded annually to the senior biology student felt by the members of the department to be most deserving.
- Joseph Watt Kuebler Jr. Memorial Prize Winner (2010): Presented annually to the senior student in the department of biology who has the highest scholastic average and will be entering medical school.
- Deans list: all semesters
- Patriot League Football (Division I FCS) Honor Roll, 2007, 2008, 2009
- Lafayette College “Gold” Student Athlete Award 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009
I am great with kids of all ages and, through my experiences, have honed the skills necessary to adapt to each individual's learning style. I love teaching and doing so in an active, fun, and engaging manner. I also am invested in the personal development of the individual, and am available to provide mentorship and learning outside of what can be attained in a textbook.
HobbiesWhile in Charlottesville, I have enjoyed cycling through the Blue Ridge mountains, running, cooking with my fiancee, and any other fun activities that are available.
Inquire about this tutor
The tutor will respond if they are available/interested.